.... but what does she look like now? [img]smile.gif[/img]
.... but what does she look like now? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Still hot!
Proof???
Nice interview Grant...and yeah, let's see a pic.
Here you go:
http://uk.geocities.com/hairglamfan/sallybubblecrop.JPG
<font color="#FF0099" size="1">[ February 08, 2006 01:16 PM: Message edited by: Hairglamfan ]</font>
I agree you got a good interview there. Some great questions on your part! I just wonder about her recollection of her bands importance on the music scene. She seems to remember the band being a bit more important than I seem to believe that they were. They were the only rock band in New York? Obviously she was standing there, and I wasn't, but that seems a bit extreme. Cool to read she is doing so well now days though!
It was 86 when bands of the same kinda genre were just starting to emerge like Poison but maybe she is inferring female fronted band too. What other bands were you thinking of Carl?
Nice Interview Grant
<font size="4" face="Arial">I just find it odd that New York was not rolling music, especially at a time when a certain Johnny Thunders was still alive. Granted, he was doing time in the UK hanging with Monroe and Stiv, but still. Plus, at around that time The Throbs were moving down to New York. By '86 there was a decent sized "scene" going on everywhere. She also says that Motley Crue and Def Leppard were the only bands out there. Maybe BIG in the US, but Wrathchild was making noise overseas, along with Hanoi (though having to break-up for certain reasons), Lords, and a whole underground in the UK. Big enough that a kid in a small town named Crystal Lake was able to find these bands and become infatuated with them all. So to be in NY, in a band of similar style, I find it odd she would only mention Crue and Lep.Originally posted by Hairglamfan:
It was 86 when bands of the same kinda genre were just starting to emerge like Poison but maybe she is inferring female fronted band too. What other bands were you thinking of Carl?
Maybe she was talking about female fronted bands though.
But none-the-less, I love the questions you threw out there. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
Bookmarks